The Day School Closed

Today was a very interesting day. Today was the day that our Illinois governor JB Pritzker announced that all schools in Illinois would be closed for the rest of the academic school year.  It made me very anxious because it shows that the trend is still rising with the number of cases and deaths. However, it makes me feel more secure that people will be staying home more and we are heading in the right direction. Don't get me wrong, I am very upset about missing prom and I feel bad for the seniors who are missing graduation, but ultimately, I feel like we need to protect the people and keep everyone safe from this virus before more people die. I'm trying to avoid listening to the news and looking at social media, but it's very hard. Currently on the news, I see people revolting about the stay at home orders. Their reasoning is that they need to restart the economy. Some of the statments they made are that they would ratehr “I perfer dangerous freedom over peacful slavery”. To me I completely disagree because people are dying. The more the protests continue, the longer this virus and pandemic will continue and the more people will become infected. I understand how some people can be upset about the pandemic and stay at home orders, however, it is for the good of the people and best to save the most amount of lives. 

Comments

  1. I completely agree that although this situation is less than ideal it is important to keep everyone safe and to continue to flatten the curve by staying home. I have also tried to limit the news that I watch because that causes me to become nervous and stress more about the situation. I think being quarantined has taught us to take one day at a time and has forced us to become completely present.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Earth Day

How Sports Bring People Together

The American Nightmare